November 11, 2021 Update: We’ve expanded the Sell My Car program yet again! It is now available to shoppers and dealers in the following states: Maryland, Minnesota, and New York.
The full list of states now includes: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
At CarGurus, we’re constantly innovating and exploring new products and services to give our dealer partners, large and small, more of what they need to succeed. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce a new feature that lets dealers acquire inventory directly from our #1 audience of car shoppers.
The program launches today to CarGurus and CarOffer dealer customers in three states: Florida, Texas, and Massachusetts. No need to request access – dealers subscribed to both CarGurus and CarOffer will be automatically enrolled in this program as “landed dealers.” Being a landed dealer means you’ll get exclusive first access to local inventory sold through the CarGurus Sell My Car page.
How does it work?
- A consumer selling their car easily submits their vehicle’s information through the CarGurus Sell My Car page.
- A sophisticated algorithm based on hundreds of thousands of CarOffer datapoints then gives the shopper the best possible offer to purchase their vehicle.
- The vehicle is delivered directly to a participating local landed dealer at no risk and with no additional work to the dealer. Landed dealers have 48 hours to decide whether or not to purchase or pass on the vehicle. CarGurus and CarOffer will manage the pre-inspection, vehicle valuation, title transfer, and payment to shoppers for purchased vehicles. Passed vehicles are picked up by CarOffer and entered into the Buying Matrix.
The program is free to participate in – landed dealers pay only a standard CarOffer fee if they choose to purchase a vehicle.
What are the key benefits for dealers?
- More vehicles in your pipeline. Buy inventory directly from the largest third-party audience of car shoppers, who are provided the best possible offer from CarOffer’s proprietary algorithm.
- Confidence in quality. Only keep pre-inspected vehicles that meet your standards, and pass on any others to CarOffer.
- Exclusive access. Get first access to local shoppers’ vehicles, automatically sent to your dealership first.
- Ease and efficiency. Whether you purchase or pass, CarOffer will handle all inspections, transport, titles, and payment.
We will let dealers know as we continue to expand the program to more areas. Interested in learning more in the meantime? Contact your CarGurus rep with any questions.
Not a CarOffer customer yet? Learn more here.