The outbreak of COVID-19 has had an unprecedented effect on the world. Along with managing the changes to our daily lives, stress and anxiety about the virus can have a considerable negative impact on our mental and physical health.
Here’s a list of coping strategies that have helped us manage the day-to-day of these uncertain times:
- Stay connected: Today’s technology makes it easy to stay in touch with loved ones. From FaceTime to Zoom, the resources for face to face are endless.
- …But not too connected: While it is important to keep up to date on the news and daily coronavirus developments, limiting your daily consumption can help protect your mental health.
- Self-care: Taking care of yourself is key to making it through social distancing, quarantining, lockdowns, and life! While many may have had their daily routines flipped on their head, attempting to maintain a sense of normalcy or routine can aid in reducing stress.
During a time of global pandemic, it is important that we manage our expectations and be kind with ourselves and others. The entire CarGurus team is here to support you. We’ve compiled a list of resources to provide helpful tips, reliable information, and stress-free, fun ways to pass the time.
Coping, mindfulness, and meditation resources:
- COVID-19 Curated Meditations for Mind & Body
- How to Use Mindfulness in a Pandemic, Vox
- Isle of Calm: Stream 6 Hours of Soothing Music, NPR
- Headspace App
- Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety, Harvard Medical
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Manage Anxiety and Stress, CDC
- Seven Science Based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety
Resources for parents and caregivers:
- Talking to Children about COVID-19
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease
- List of General Links for Child Specific Resources Regarding COVID-19
Zoos and animals
Art and music
- Tour of the Louvre
- Free Tours of Art Museums and Virtual Concerts
- Draw Every Day with Jarrett J. Krosoczka, livestream every weekday at 2:00 PM EDT or use archived art activities
- List of Live Virtual Concerts to Watch