Last week, hundreds of automotive marketers from around the country joined us for CarGurus’ first-ever virtual Dealer Insights Summit. The event featured inspiring keynotes, an engaging dealer panel, and educational presentations focused not only on what’s happening in automotive now, but also what’s ahead. It was packed with actionable takeaways and powerful industry insights—here are some of the highlights:
- The car shopping journey has changed. What used to be a fairly linear path has become a scattered set of experiences that culminates in buying a car. Different information sources, different channels, different devices: the modern car buying journey is more fractured than ever—and it’s shopper-led.
- Attribution is a must. To really understand how well your marketing is driving certain behaviors and how to maximize your marketing ROI, you need attribution. While there still isn’t a one-size-fits-all model for dealers, there’s a lot you can do to get started—set up Google Analytics, create trackable goals, or get started with a vendor.
- Make time to manage your reputation. Customer reviews, good and bad, can help set the tone for how your dealership is perceived by future customers. Use every review you receive as an opportunity to engage with your customers and build your reputation. With 68% of CarGurus shoppers saying they always read reviews before contacting a dealer, it’s crucial you manage your online reputation.
- CarGurus has a product for every dealer. CarGurus offers a suite of products that can help you connect with more ready-to-buy shoppers and increase your marketing ROI. And if you’re not convinced, there are lots of current customers out there who are sharing the value CarGurus provides. As one dealer put it, since transitioning to CarGurus premium listings, the impact they’ve seen on their business is “night and day.”
- This isn’t the same auto industry from years ago, and you need a partner like CarGurus to keep up. Throughout all of the changes in the industry, CarGurus has continued to innovate and stay ahead of the curve with exciting new products. CarGurus SEM Plus uses the same data and technology that made CarGurus the most visited auto shopping site in the U.S.,* to help dealers unlock long tail keywords, and a new display advertising product (coming soon!) will allow dealers to strategically target new audiences across their digital journey.
If you didn’t get a chance to attend all the sessions you wanted to or you just want to watch your favorites again, the full recording of each session is available now.